Saturday 22 February 2014

Love

I looked for Love, and there it was - in the innocent eyes of a child,
I looked again and there it was - in a creature shy and wild.
Again I looked, and lo! I saw a fluffy cloud float by
Rosy-rimmed with sunset rays in a beautiful azure sky.
The sparkling sea reflected Love - I thought my heart would burst
As Love began to flow within and quenched my aching thirst;
For I had sought this Love so long, so hard, in many a diverse way
And sat and thought, walked and talked, and often knelt to pray;
Yet when the floodgates opened up and the river burst its dam
I saw that Love is everywhere - and in everything - for Man.
I had looked outside without success and tried to look within,
As each day passed I must confess my patience wore quite thin,
Until one day I ceased to strive, and began to live each day -
Each day brought forth a glowing gem which helped to light the way
To the secret sought by Man - my heart had found the key -
'Tis Love - so simple - yet 'tis all - to know Eternity.
                                                   
                                                                             by Sue Coad

No comments:

Post a Comment