Wednesday 25 September 2013

Mist Grey

I had intended to post another item from my scrapbook today but when I got up and looked out of my bedroom window all I saw was mist.  So I decided to post a few very short verses on the subject.
My diary tells me that Sunday, 22nd. was the Autumnal Equinox or in other words the beginning of Autumn - Fall to my American family- so mists are to be expected in this part of the world.
One of the great beauties of mist is the way that spiders webs are bejewelled by droplets of water, this makes them sparkle and shimmer like fantastical necklaces; flowers too are dew pearled. The downside is the constant greyness, the moisture that clings to everything and the difficulties posed to navigating paths and roads. Then the joy when the sun shines through and colour returns once more.

                                      _________________________________

Mist descending, rooftop hiding,
Leaves moistening, colours blending,
Mist grey.

Twisting and writhing, sinuous striving,
Crack creeping, door ducking,
Mist grey.

Cloak enveloping, thief concealing,
River blending, eye blinding,
Mist grey.  
                                                R.E.B

No comments:

Post a Comment