Sunday 17 March 2013

Saint Patrick's Day


Celtic Cross - Pokerwork and Acrylic on the seat of a child's beech stool.   R.E.B


Morning Prayer

As I arise today, may the strength of God pilot me, the power of God uphold me, and the wisdom of God guide me.
May the eye of God look before me, the ear of God hear me, and the word of God speak for me.
May the hand of God protect me, the way of God lie before me, the shield of God defend me, and the host of God save me.
Amen.
               Attributed to St.Patrick of Ireland (c. 385 - 461 AD )

______________________________

I bind unto myself today the power of God to hold and lead,
His eye to watch, His might to stay, His ear to harken to my need,
The wisdom of my God to teach, His hand to guide His shield to ward,
The word of God to give me speech, His heavenly host to be my guard.
                  
             Attributed to St.Patrick as translated by Cecil F Alexander ( 1818 - 95 )




       



No comments:

Post a Comment