Monday 29 June 2015

Prayer of St.Francis




Peace Rose - photo by Kosebamse


O Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace,
Where there is hatred permit that I bring Love,
Where there is offence, that I bring pardon,
Where there is discord, that I bring union,
Where there is doubt, that I bring faith,
Where there is error, that I bring truth,
Where there is despair, that I bring hope,
Where there is sadness, that I bring joy,
Where there is darkness, that I bring light.

O Master, allow it that I do not seek so much
To be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved as to Love,
For it is in giving that we receive,
In forgiving that we are forgiven
In dying that we resurrect to Life Eternal.

                                                                            Amen


After the shooting on the beach in Tunisia, the beheading in France and the bombing of the Mosque in Kuwait this is all I can think of to say.  Humankind, what are we doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment