Wednesday 7 January 2015

A prayer for those who live alone.





                                                       'Loneliness' by Bert Kaufmann


I live alone dear Lord, stay by my side.
In all my daily needs, be Thou my guide.
Grant me good health, for that indeed I pray,
To carry on my work, from day to day.
Keep pure my mind, my thoughts, my every deed,
Let me be kind, unselfish in my neighbours needs.
Spare me from fire, from flood, malicious tongues,
From thieves, from fear, from evil ones.
If sickness or an accident befall,
Then humbly Lord, I pray, be Thou my call,
And when I'm feeling low or in despair,
Lift up my head and help me in prayer.

I live alone dear Lord, yet have no fear,
Because I feel Your presence ever near. 
                                                      

                                                                   Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment