Wednesday 5 November 2014

In All Shrines

O Spirit, I worship Thee in all shrines.  Into the temple of peace come Thou, O Lord of Joy!  Enter my shrine of meditation, O Bliss God, Sanctify me with Thy presence.

Eternal Allah, hover over the lone minaret of my holy aspiration.  The mosque of my mind exudes a frankincense of stillness.

On the altar of my inner vihara I place flowers of desirelessness.  Their chaste beauty is Thine, O Spirit.

In a tabernacle not made with hands, I bow before the sacred ark and vow to keep Thy commandments.

Heavenly Father, in an invisible church built of devotion granite, receive Thou my humble heart offerings, daily renewed by prayer.

                                                             Paramahansa Yogananda (1893-1952)



No comments:

Post a Comment