Saturday 18 October 2014

Beatitudes for Friends of the Deaf

Blessed are they who seem to know
            That lip-reading is difficult and slow.
Blessed are they who shake my hand
            And write notes to help me understand.
Blessed are they who know that I long
            To hear voices, music and song.
Blessed are they who seem to see
            When I'm lost in a group of two or three.
Blessed are they who take time out
            To explain to me what they're talking about.
Blessed are they who are patient and kind,
            That gives me comfort and peace of mind.
Blessed are they who have a smile,
            That makes my life more worthwhile.
Blessed are they who make it known
            By faith in God's promise "I'll not walk alone".
Blessed are they who understand
            As I journey to that City "not made with hands".

                                                   Anon - from my big green scrap-book.

No comments:

Post a Comment