Wednesday 15 January 2014

A Shepherd Boy's Story

Hear again the story that a shepherd boy once told
Of God his heavenly shepherd and creator of His fold.
I shall not want, young David said, my maker doth provide,
Lush pastures and still waters where my flock and I abide.

He uplifts me in my loneliness and my faith and joy restores,
Illuminates my pathway leading to His heavenly shores.
No evil fate or deathlike sting is there for me to fear.
Truths of life eternal are words of comfort to my ear.

He provides me with my daily bread and defends me in my need.
With blessings He anoints my head so my joy overflows indeed,
Happiness of heart and mind my future days will hold;
God ever here within me and I within His fold.

Taken from 'The Poems of Malcolm Hann'. Self published in memory of his wife Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment